So like many other people I have an extensive bucket list that seems to grow rather than get shorter. But I have narrowed down my top 5 that I would love to visit if I could in 2016!
- New Zealand. Where do I start with this place…honestly where do I start? Everything about this country that I have seen and heard about this country has given me such an urge road trip the entire length of the two islands: from the 90 mile beach in the north to Fiordland in the south.
- Bolivia. For two reasons. One, Yungas Road. I am a bit of a petrol head for a climate change student (my dad is a car lover, it runs in the family!). But the opportunity to drive the ‘worlds’ most dangerous road’ would be a dream. The adrenaline rush would be insane. Second, Salar de Uyuni. To see this natural expanse can only be comprehended in person!
- Toyko, Japan. As a geography student having studied urban population and sprawl I have to see just how big this city is and throw myself into the middle of it all.
- South Africa. There is something about this place that has always attracted me and I just can’t quite put my finger on a reason why. Maybe it’s the the vast array of ecosystems and animals that screams to my inner big kid and the chance to see Hippos and Penguins and everything I can.
- Washington, USA. Ever since I went of my uni trip to Vancouver I have wanted to see Washington. You’re probably like but Vancouver is in Canada? Hear me out…I was up Cypress Mountain at a lookout point and with the glorious clear skies I could see as far south as Seattle and Mount Rainer and I just wanted to see these places for myself. I’ve always been attracted to exploring forests and mountains and volcanoes and I feel this state has all of that to offer.